Saturday, January 5, 2013

Reaching Out


"Reaching Out" by McKenzie Clarke

This oil painting was made for a scholarship I applied for. It was not judged by skill, but the scholarship was asking for artwork that showed a solution a problems in our society. So this represents the diverse cultures and religions reaching for understanding and respecting one another. The six hands on the bottom represent the six continents that are outstretching towards the American Sign Language sign for "I love you." Each hand has its distinct ethnicity and individual characteristics to represent the diverse group of people around the world.

5 comments:

  1. Are you an established artist, please reply!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a senior in high school at a high school duel college program, so I'm taking college art classes. Next year I'm going to a University to get a bachelors in the Fine arts-illustration. I have sold a few pieces, and I am willing to sell more. Thank you for your interest.

      Delete
  2. I love this piece and really wanted to use it for one of my art projects as i painted something similar I highly agree with the point you make.

    ReplyDelete