Monday, July 8, 2013

Modern Goddesses

MY FINAL EXAM:
"Modern Goddesses"
Pastel drawing by McKenzie Clarke

Now to understand this painting, I must go over my assignment in my art class. I was given one week to finish my final exam. We were assigned to do a rendition of a famous painting, but there's a catch. We had to change some of the elements of the painting to either modernize, or switch it up some how. So I picked "Art and Literature" by the world's one and only Adolphe William Bouguereau, who has captured the human complexion like no else. To modernize his painting I made his goddess models into the modern goddesses of today's world, Vogue model. So designed their dresses, changed the vase, and changed the background building into looking like the Smith Center. I really had fun with it. Out of the entire class, three people including myself finished their pieces....WOW.

Now of course I am just a humble artist, and can never render the style of the world's greatest artist Adolphe William Bourguereau.
Here is his original piece.
Art and Literature...Adolphe William Bouguereau

No comments:

Post a Comment