Monday, January 13, 2014

Commissioned Art Pieces


"Families are Forever"
Oil painting by McKenzie Clarke


"Joy of Family"
Oil Painting by McKenzie Clarke

These two pieces were made for a commission from one of my youth leaders. He wanted to surprise his wife for Christmas with a couple of paintings of his silly kids and them at the temple. I really really loved doing this project. It was a challenge for. Completing six portraits in one painting, and having them resemble the person the best of my ability was a bit nerve racking. It all proved itself to turn out wonderful. Surprisingly, these paintings turned out better than expected (which is rare for most paintings.) I am very grateful I was given this opportunity. It helped me to grow as an artist, and my youth leader absolutely loved them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment